If you're looking for a growth-oriented company and are up to the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, let Cohen Financial be your employer of choice. We offer job seekers an opportunity to join a dynamic company that is a leader in the commercial real estate industry.
Cohen Financial is a national real estate capital services company and an originator of commercial real estate debt and equity transactions in the United States. Our main office is located in Chicago, and we have regional offices in Dallas, Grand Rapids, Kansas City, Phoenix, and Portland.
What We Do
For borrowers, we specialize in structuring customized financial solutions and provide services in the areas of debt placement. For lenders and investors, we specialize in customized solutions by providing primary loan servicing, special loan servicing, construction loan administration, and asset advisory services.
So, what does that mean? Every day office towers, hotels, shopping centers, industrial warehouses and apartment complexes are being bought and sold, newly constructed, and renovated across the country. All of this commercial real estate activity is fueled by large sums of money (capital). Our borrower clients turn to us for help in borrowing the capital they need to fund their investments. We will arrange debt and equity financing from lenders or advise a client in working with their lenders should a modification to the loan be warranted. For our lender and investor clients, we work on their behalf to manage their loan assets in collecting monthly payments, tax and insurance escrows.
Our Deal Activity
Thanks to our national presence and local market knowledge, we're able to stay on top of the trends and subtleties in the real estate market. Our ongoing leadership in the industry is reflected in our deal activity.
Cohen Financial enjoys a high level of repeat business, which we believe is the result of our client-focused approach to doing business.
How We Work
While the impressive numbers of our deal activity tell an important story, we also believe in measuring success according to how it is achieved. As a firm, we believe in working hard for our clients, embracing creativity, cultivating relationships, and conducting our business with the highest level of professionalism.
Whether you know the commercial real estate business inside and out or you’re new to the industry, Cohen Financial is a place where you can make your mark. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented culture and a variety of career growth opportunities.
We’re looking for people who are customer-focused, relationship-oriented, creative, professional, and hard working. We want people who will ask themselves the tough questions. What’s in the best interest of the client? What decision works best for the long-term development of this relationship? Am I considering all the alternatives? Have I handled each communication professionally? Am I giving it my all?
Where Do You Fit In?
Cohen Financial offers many types of challenging positions, including sales, analytical, advisory, loan administration, and professional staff.
- Sales – Sales – Our supportive environment is designed to help you succeed. Your earning potential is virtually unlimited because we give you all the tools you need to do what you do best – sell. We offer a broad range of products and services to sell your clients, and there are ample opportunities for cross selling. We provide first-class systems and technology to increase your efficiency, outstanding staffing to promote teamwork, and training to keep you up-to-date in terms of personal and professional skills and industry knowledge.
- Analytical – Whether you are interested in an career in underwriting or moving into a sales position, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of areas. Associates who know and understand commercial real estate from underlying cash flows to local market conditions provide the support needed in underwriting the transactions we undertake for clients.
- Advisory – Associates in this role are dedicated professionals who offer clients comprehensive advice that addresses the many complexities involved with investing in commercial real estate. Our depth of knowledge, strong relationships and wide variety of transactions all contribute to an environment where you can grow your skills to better counsel clients.
- Loan administration – Our dedication to clients doesn’t end when the transaction closes. As a loan administration professional you understand that the needs of clients are ever changing and look to provide the support necessary to ensure excellent service to borrowers and lenders alike. From handling loan requests to property inspections and monitoring repayments and reserves, you will be involved throughout the life of a client's loan.
- Professional Staff – Our professional staff provides the all-important infrastructure that makes it possible for us to serve clients. This infrastructure includes accounting, marketing, information technology, human resources, and office administration.
We offer defined systems and processes so you can work smarter, not harder. You’ll find an open culture where you’re encouraged to grow and take on new challenges. While Cohen Financial does offer specific career paths, you’re never locked in. You can change career directions if you find your skills and interests are better suited to a different role. And with our commitment to continuing education, you’ll never stop learning.
Training & Development
Cohen Financial is a learning and teaching organization dedicated to accelerating associates’ growth through training and development. We challenge associates to refine and broaden their skills. The more skills you have, the greater your contribution to the firm and the greater your career satisfaction.
We’re a growing company, and we need associates to grow with us. That’s why we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and make the most of your experience here. It starts from the time you walk in the door with a comprehensive New Hire Orientation and continues via a wide range of development opportunities, including: on-the-job training, internal and external training classes, industry events, and more.
Town Hall Meetings
We think communication is key to success and to enjoying your work. Our Executive Management Team hosts quarterly town hall meetings where company news is shared and associates can ask questions. These sessions help maintain an open environment where everyone knows the direction of the company and feels free to exchange ideas.
Cohen Financial offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, and long term disability insurances
- Supplemental long-term disability
- Health club & fitness center reimbursements
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Public transportation benefits
- Paid time-off program
- Business casual dress code
Cohen Financial has several offices around the country. You can view a list of career opportunities and submit your resume online by accessing our human resources portal.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cohen Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. So that equal employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals, employment decisions at Cohen Financial will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or associate's race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cohen Financial will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.