Traditional Debt Placement Services
Cohen Financial professionals are highly trained and have a wealth of experience in structuring debt placement transactions that suit our clients' unique needs. We have solid relationships and substantial buying power with a broad array of lenders, including banks, securitized lenders, finance companies, life insurance companies, REITs, pension funds and opportunity funds.
Our capital sources provide solutions across the spectrum, from fully amortizing long-term debt and non-recourse construction transactions to a highly leveraged mezzanine or bridge deal. To ensure we develop the best possible capital structuring plan, Cohen Financial’s process begins with an in-depth study of your strategic objectives.
After meeting with you, we:
- Analyze the asset’s past operating performance and/or projected future performance
- Apply our competitive market knowledge
- Recommend a capital structure that best fits your objectives
- Create a customized “lender-friendly” underwriting package
- Identify potential lenders with investment goals that match your desired capital structure
- Promote the transaction to prospective lenders and secure competitive bids
- Help negotiate and close the transaction
We provide you with a recommendation that takes into account: your business plan; our assessment of the relative attributes of the proposed deal structures; our experience with each of the capital providers; an assessment of the process; and the probability of the deal closing under the proposed terms.
Once you select a lender, we support you in negotiating the application, managing the due diligence, handling the closing, and, whenever possible, servicing the loan on an ongoing basis.
Small Business Lending
Cohen Financial is a real estate capital services company and one of the largest originators of commercial real estate loans in the United States. We combine an in-depth knowledge of the capital markets, longstanding relationships within the lending community, and a commitment to ongoing research to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
We are experts when it comes to structuring short- and long term capital alternatives customized to meet the specific goals for clients. Commercial real estate owners/users and small balance investors have specific needs that many providers of capital overlook.
Many times, their lending programs and processes are just not suitable for these borrowers. We have relationships, capacity and buying power with an array of capital providers from conduits to life companies, from REITs to pension funds and opportunity funds. For small business borrowers, we have multiple direct correspondent relationships with lending programs and processes already tailored to meet their needs.
In addition to conventional lending programs, some of the small business loan programs we offer for loan amounts of $500,000 to $10,000,000 include:
- Small Business Administration 7(a) - The primary and most flexible SBA loan program, with financing guaranteed for a variety of general business purposes and designed for start-up and existing small businesses.
- Small Business Administration 504 - This program provides long-term, fixed-rate financing to acquire fixed assets (such as real estate) for expansion or modernization. It is designed for small businesses requiring “brick and mortar” financing.
Sample Terms for Small Business Programs:
These programs are for office, industrial, retail and special-use commercial real estate property types nationwide.
- SBA 7(a) - 5-6% rate, 25-year amortization, 90% LTV
- SBA 504 - 3.75-4.75% blended, 25-year amortization, 90% LTV
- Conventional Loans (owner/user) - 3.75-4.75% fixed rate, 30-year amortization, up to 80% LTV